A Mechanical Translation of the Book of Genesis|
By Jeff A. Benner
The Hebrew text of the book of Genesis where each Hebrew word, prefix and suffix is literally and consistently translated word.
Reviews from Amazon
While the original Biblical text was written from an Ancient Hebraic perspective, all modern translations of the Bible are written from our modern western perspective. This traditional approach to translation does allow for ease in reading but it erases the original Hebraic style and meaning of the text. In addition, translations take many liberties by removing, changing or adding words from the text in order to "fix" the text for the English reader. The Mechanical Translation is a new and unique style of translation that will reveal the Hebrew behind the English by translating the text very literally and faithfully to the original Hebrew text. A great tool for those interested in studying the Bible who have no Hebrew background as well as for those who are learning to read the Bible in its original Hebrew language.
- An introduction to the Hebrew language and grammar.
- The Hebrew text from the Biblia Hebraica Leningradensia.
- A literal word for word translation of the Hebrew text.
- A revised translation for understandability in English.
- A dictionary of words defined from an Hebraic perspective.
- A concordance of all words found in the book of Genesis.