Topics About the AHRC
Ancient Alphabets and Inscriptions
- "Writing," Smith's Bible Dictionary, 1987 ed.: 327.
The New Westminster Dictionary of the Bible, 1976 ed.: 30.
NIV Compact Dictionary of the Bible, 1989 ed.: 632-3.
- "Archeology and the Bible," The Lion Encyclopedia of the Bible, 1986 ed.: 38.
- "Writing," Harper's Bible Dictionary, 1973 ed.: 829.
- E. Raymond Capt, Missing Links Discovered in Assyrian Tablets (Thousand Oaks, Ca.: Artisan Sales, 1985) 24, 44.
- Ernst Doblhofer, Voices in Stone (New York, Viking Press, 1961) 35
- William Smith, Smith's Bible Dictionary (Grand Rapids, Mi.: Zondarvan, 1948)
- J.I. Packer, Merril C. Tenney, William White, Jr., Nelson's Illustrated
Encyclopedia of Bible Facts (Nashville: Thomas Nelson, 1995)
- Madelene S. Miller and J. Lane Miller, Harper's Bible Dictionary, (New York, Harper, 1973)
- Merrill F. Unger, Unger's Bible Dictionary, (Chicago, Moody, 1977)
- Henry H. Halley, Halley's Bible Handbook(Grand Rapids, Mi: Zondervan, 24th)
- The New Westminster Dictionary of the Bible (Philidelphia, Westminster, 1976)
- NIV Compact Dictionary of the Bible, (Grand Rapids, Zondervan, 1989)
- The Lion Encyclopedia of the Bible, (Tring, Lion, 1986)
- Fred H. Wight, Manners and Customs of Bible Lands (Chicago: Moody, 1983)
- Madeleine S. Miller and J. Lane Miller, Encyclopedia of Bible Life (New York: Harper & Brothers, 1944)
- Holman Bible Dictionary, (Nashville, Holman, 1991)
- Mary Ellen Chase, Life and Language in the Old Testament (N.Y., W. W. Norton and Company Inc. 1955)
- Emmanuel Anati, Palestine before the Hebrews, (N.Y., Alfred A. Knopf, 1963)
- Donald Powell Cole, Nomads of the Nomads, (Arlington Heights, Ill., Harlan Davidson, Inc., 1975)
- Werner Keller, The Bible as History, (New York, William Morrow and Co., 1981 2nd ed.)
- James Strong, New Strong's Concise Dictionary of the Words in the Hebrew Bible, (Nashville, Nelson, 1995)
- W. E. Vine, Merrill F. Unger, William White, Vine's Expository Dictionary of Biblical Words, (Nashville, Nelson, 1985)
- Benjamin Davidson, The Analytical Hebrew and Chaldee Lexicon, (London, Samuel Bagster)
- Isaac Mozeson The Word: the Dictionary that reveals the Hebrew origin of English (New York. S.P.I. Books, Inc.)
- Ehud Ben-Yehuda, David Weinstein, English-Hebrew Hebrew-English Dictionary, (N.Y., Washington Square Press, Inc., 1961)
- Rev. Walter W. Skeat, A Concise Etymological Dictionary of the English Language, (N.Y., Capricorn Books, 1963)
- Mary Ellen Chase, Life and Language in the Old Testament (N.Y., W. W. Norton and Company Inc., 1955)
- Thorleif Boman, Hebrew Thought Compared with Greek (N.Y., W.W. Norton and Company, 1960)
Ancient Language and Origins
- Gesenius' Hebrew Grammer, (London, Oxford Press, 2nd English Ed. 1910)
- William R. Harper, Elements of Hebrew, (N.Y., Charles Scribner's Sons, 1895)
- Edward Horowitz, How the Hebrew Language Grew, (KTAV, 1960)
- John Philip Cohane The Key, (N.Y., Crown Publishers, 1969)
- Charlton Laird The Miracle of Language (Greenwich Conn., Fawcett, 1953)
- Giorgio Fano, The Origins and Nature of Language, (Bloomington In., Indiana University Press, 1992)
- Biblia Hebraica Stutgartensia
- The Holy Bible, New International Version (Grand Rapids, Zondervan Bible Publishers, 1973, 1978, 1984)
- The Stone Edition Tanach (Brooklyn, Mesorah Publications Ltd., 1996)
- The Holy Bible, King James Version
- The Aleppo Codex (Hebrew Masoretic Text)
- The Septuagint (Greek translation of the Old Testament)
If you would like to be notified of new articles from this website...
Related Pages by Jeff A. Benner
|About the Ancient Hebrew Research Center (Article)|
More about the Center and its founders, Jeff and Denise Benner.
|Introduction to Ancient Hebrew (Article)|
An introduction to the ancient Hebrew alphabet, the Hebrew language and their philosophy.
|Related Links (Article)|
Other websites and webpages useful for studying the Ancient Hebrew alphabet, language and culture.
Questions and answers about the Hebrew alphabet, language and culture.
|About the AHRC Logo (Article)|
The Hebrew word "et" is the most common word in the Hebrew Bible and has a very interesting etymology.
|Introduction to Ancient Hebrew (Video)|
Proper Biblical Interpretation through the study of the Ancient Hebrew alphabet, language, culture and the Bible.
Search the AHRC Website